(by Lisa Purdy)
This post was inspired by our visit with Kathy, Steve, and Sierra DaSilva, who spent the afternoon with us, sharing the story of when a natural gas drill went awry, causing a “frack-out” and tragically polluted an ancient creek running through their land.
- If you’re not prepared to clean it up, don’t dig it up.
- Encourage regulations.
- You can’t cover your face and disappear, and you can’t fudge test results and have clean water.
- Fossil fuel subsidies add insult to injury.
- Remember that leaks are wastes of money that ruin lives.
- Don’t trust technology to create new soil. It took Nature millions of years to get it down.
- Dilution is not the solution to pollution.
- The media’s “liberal bias” has a strangely “fiscally conservative” tilt.
- The tower of Babel will always fall.
- Do unto others what you would have done unto you. Hydrofrack and cause an earthquake, and I will break your house in half.